Welcome to NASPL
The North American Association of State and Provincial Lotteries (NASPL) was founded in 1971. Evolving from an informal exchange of information among three pioneering lottery directors, the organization has now grown into an active association representing 53 lottery organizations.
Although the Association's membership and services have grown tremendously over the years, its basic mission remains the same as when it was founded more than 40 years ago -- to assemble and disseminate information and benefits of state and provincial lottery organizations through education and communications and where appropriate publicly advocate the positions of the Association on matters of general policy. Included in NASPL's functions are:
- To provide a central information source so that the lottery industry might share with others its expertise, resources and advice.
- To facilitate communication among lottery organizations regarding development of industry standards and matters of mutual interest, particularly those which relate to the integrity, security and efficiency of state and provincial lottery jurisdictions.
- To educate and train lottery staffs.
- To initiate a vehicle for professional and industry research and development.
- To promote recognition of the importance of maintaining public confidence and support for state and provincial sponsored lottery organizations as a means of generating revenue to meet public needs.
- To establish a public, united voice on common causes and issues.